Photos by Lauren Van Alstine and Eileen Malick. Cover photo by Eileen Malick.
On Saturday, November 23. Hanover marketing students participated at the DECA district competition. Hanover had 29 students compete. For all but two students, this was their first district competition. The students competed in role play events against other high school students from Atlee, Patrick Henry, King William, and Lee-Davis. Hanover had eight students qualify for the state competition and had four students take first place in their event. Overall, in marketing test results, Hanover had two first place test scores, five second place test scores, and two third place test scores. In role plays, Hanover had two first place scores, five second place scores, and three third place scores.
Please congratulate the following students for placing at the competition:
1. Bryce Newton, Personal Financial Literacy Event, First Place Overall, First Place Test, Second Place Role Play.
2. Emma Meidinger, Principles of Business Management, First Place Overall, Second Place Test, Second Place Role Play.
3. Dorian Crawford, Social Media Event, First Place Overall
4. McCoy Ferguson, Personal Selling Event, First Place Overall
5. Evin St. Clair, Principles of Hospitality, Third Place Overall, Second Place Test, Third Place Role Play.
6. Aidan Walters, Business Services Marketing, Second Place Overall, Second Place Test, Second Place for Role Play #2.
7. Tyler McGrath, Quick Serve Restaurant Management, Second Place Overall, Second Place Test, Third Place Role Play#2.
8. Will Blake, Retail Management, Fourth Place Overall, First Place Test Score
Other Students Placing
1. Emma Elliott, Human Resources Management, Second Place Test.
2. Brandon Gaugler, Business Finance, Third Place Role Play#1.
3. Cordelia Crawford, Food Marketing, Third Place Test.
4. Adham Rekni, Hotel and Lodging Management, Third Place Test.
5. Maya Taylor, Restaurant and Food Service Management, Second Place Role Play#1.