Please click above to view message in original PDF file.
Message Text Below:
HANOVER HIGH SCHOOL
ATHLETIC BOOSTER CLUB
10307 Chamberlayne Rd,
Mechanicsville, VA 23116
Dear parents and student athletes of Hanover High School,
I wanted to take a moment and speak to you about the Hanover High School Athletic Booster
Club. There seems to be some confusion about what we do for the high school and its student athletes. A frequent question we field is, “What does the Athletic Booster Club do?” This simple question has many answers, so here goes.
Expenses defined by our charter:
- We provide a $12,000 gift to the athletic department at the end of each school year as seed funding for the next school year.
- We provide six $1,000.00 scholarships to graduating varsity athletes—3 girls/3 boys. Nominations are sent in by the coaches and voting is done by all school staff—teachers, coaches and administration. Historically, the selection of winners has been based on a student-athlete’s grades, their support of the school, their involvement in school related activities, their time as a varsity athlete, and their behavior during their 4 years at Hanover HS.
- We also maintain and purchase the equipment for the 2 concession stands.
Additional expenses we help cover:
- Awards – letters, pins, banners, plaques, athlete recognition banquets
- Weight-room upgrades – weights, mats, racks
- Year-round maintenance of the outside practice fields and main playing surfaces, including fertilizer, seed, mowing, mowing equipment maintenance, paint supplies, and irrigation upgrades/repairs
- Training room supplies/equipment for Jake
- Outside PA equipment upgrades/replacement, as needed
Here is what our charter does not allow:
- Direct funding for a specific team/sport and their projected need(s). These needs should/must be meet by individual team fundraising events and donations. The money we use to support the school and its athletes comes from fundraising. We raise funds thru the following items: Super Booster sales, concession stand sales, and Spirit Shack sales. We typically spend between $55,000-$65,000 per year, depending on how successful our fundraising was for the year.
We welcome your participation and are happy to have you attend our meetings which are held on the 2nd Monday of each month in the teachers’ lounge.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns:
Tim Williamson—HHSABC President